The 2021 BOYD Autobody & Glass Father’s Day Charity Car Cruise
Car Show History
Over 20 years ago, the BOYD Autobody & Glass Father’s Day Charity Car Show began. That inaugural year Dayton Street, from Springfield to Dickson, was loaded with hot rods, bikes and road-rumbling machines. Every vehicle was a labour of love for the owners. They were excited to show them off and local enthusiasts were excited to see them. Soon the show was so big it took over City Park, attracting ten of thousands of visitors to walk through the wide variety of vehicles on display.
The BOYD Autobody & Glass Father’s Day Charity Car Show is a gift to the community.
In the past, we have adapted to ensure that we can continue to deliver this gift to everyone from the die-hard motorheads, to the families looking for an afternoon of fun, to the owners excited to display their passion projects – all while raising important funds for local worthwhile charities.
In 2021, as health restrictions on gathering continue, we are unable to present our Father’s Day Car Show or Car Cruise as planned. So instead we worked with the Kelowna Child Advocacy Centre to raffle off the awesome prize car
BOYD Gives Back
Through the support of our sponsors, volunteers and associates over the last two years, BOYD has contributed over $142,000 to the Child Advocacy Centre. The CAC is a place of help, hope and healing for child survivors of abuse and neglect. Boyd Autobody and Glass’ partnership with the CAC continues despite event restrictions and your support helps change the lives of vulnerable children in our own community.
Gave away a Car!
On Father’s Day, we did a live feed draw for the Customized 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT – modern day “Muscle Car”.
- Stunning victory red with custom black vinyl accent wrap (Wrap & Decal work provided by Sign Craft) around a black leather interior.
- Get your pulse racing with the powerful yet efficient direct injected 300+ horsepower V6 breathing through a custom dual exhaust system.
- Let it roar with an upgraded sound system (from Andres Car Audio).
- Lowered and then wrapped in new black 20” Foose wheels and Toyo tires (compliments of CIC and OK Tire Kelowna) you’ll love taking corners with a fully independent rear suspension.
- A custom aftermarket exhaust with a cold air intake (compliments of Budget Brake & Muffler Auto Center Kelowna).
- High-end performance with space for the whole family.
We sold the last of the tickets 2 hours before the draw. Local resident Dale Wentworth was the proud winner of this Awesome Ride!
Through the help of our generous sponsors, the Kelowna Child Advocacy Centre and BOYD Autobody & Glass we raised $57,000!