Book A Car-BQ
What does BOYD’s know best?
We make the unimaginable happen.
Back in 2005 BOYD Autobody had a brilliant idea… lets make a BBQ! But this wouldn’t be any average BBQ; it would be coined as the “Car-BQ!” It is a simple design of taking a rear or front end of an old make/model car and engineer this into a CAR-BQ!
BOYD Autobody & Glass has been a huge community supporter, raising on average, over $3,000 annually by renting out the Car-BQ’s to charities, clubs, teams, businesses and even privately for weddings, reunions, back yard celebrations and more.
Proceeds of the $150.00 rental collected goes towards organizations like the BC SPCA and our Kelowna Family YMCA. We would like to take this time to thank everyone who has rented a Car-BQ, and value your continued support.
Car BBQ Rental Guidelines
- Rental is $150.00 – Call or email for a registration form to be sent to you for completion.
- Credit Card required for damage deposit.
- Renters are responsible for any damage to Car-BQ’s
- 2″ Ball required & drop hitch must be 19 inches off ground
- Pick up at or before noon on day of rental and return before 9 am the next business day.
- Local rentals only (we have 1 for each location) within 30 km. The Car-BQ’s are not suited for long highway towing.
- Car-BQ’s must be returned clean and propane filled. A Receipt will be requested upon return
- Dates fill up fast, so we recommend booking at least 2 weeks prior to your event
- Call or email your closest BOYD location for availability!
KELOWNA – Dayton Street
250.868.2693 – BOYD.Dayton@BringittoBOYD.com
RUTLAND – McCurdy Ave
236.420.2693 – BOYD.Rutland@BringittoBOYD.com
WEST KELOWNA – Byland Road
250.769.5550 – BOYD.Westside@BringittoBOYD.com
PENTICTON – Carmi Ave
250.492.2323 – BOYD.Penticton@BringittoBOYD.com
MERRITT – Pooley Ave
250.378.2030 – BOYD.Merritt@BringittoBOYD.com
Car-BQ’s and COVID-19
With the transition well under way here in the Okanagan, British Columbia and around the globe, we want to ensure the highest level of customer, friend, staff & local resident safety. Sourced directly from the city of Kelowna’s Event Hosting Guidelines, these are the parameters for any gatherings during Phase 2:
In order to permit events in public spaces and to ensure the success of their delivery, initial parameters have been established that support Provincial Health Organization directives and maximize the safety of all attendees and participants. As PHO restrictions ease, these parameters will be adjusted and a broader set of allowances will be permitted accordingly. Current parameters are as follows:
– Maximum attendance of 50 people
o This includes all participants, volunteers, attendees, officials, etc.
– No liquor services
– No food services
– Free events only
– Maximum 3-hour event time
– Organizers need to submit a plan that will identify the management of all directives and considerations
o Refer to the PHAC Risk Assessment Framework section at the City of Kelowna Website
Note: These parameters are subject to change and will be updated as the situation evolves.
We will be monitoring the potential for bringing the Car-BQ’s out for rental on a week to week basis, and have a notification list started. Feel free to email to add your name to the list, for a first contact notification.
We appreciate all the support and understanding we have received, and as much as we are so excited to get summer started, its our long term safety and fun that takes precedent.